In 1899 William E Ackroyd bought this property, it was built on the site of
Upperwood House in 1878.
This was where Charlotte Bronte had once been employed
as a governess for the White family.
When Upperwood House was demolished Ashdown
was constructed by a Bradford solicitor, James Taylor.
It was sold to the
Methodists in 1934 and it became a preparatory department for Woodhouse Grove
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.