Early 1950s: From the left are George L Routh, Phil Myers, Melvyn Pratt,
Gerald Wood, Jackie Driver, the girls are not named.
The group of friends were
enjoying themselves at the Blue Kitten, a dance hall once owned by Harry
It was located at White Cross on Bradford Road and was originally the
Victoria Engine Works, occupied by Walsh & Clark engine makers circa 1900 -
The premises were used as a dance hall, night club and disco being called
at various times the Blue Kitten, Paradise Club and Flashmans, Farnell
garage and motor showroom is now on the site.
Donated by George L Routh