This sequence of images shows the demolition of the power station chimneys.
It had opened in 1931 as a coal fired power station to supply Leeds and West
Yorkshire, located by the Leeds and Liverpool Canal off Kirkstall Road.
the power station was closed, the landmark cooling towers were demolished on
April 13th 1979, by the mid 1980s the site had been completely cleared.
A caravan storage depot, golf course and artificial football pitches
(access via Redcote Lane) now cover part of the area (September 2016), the rest is included in
the Kirkstall Valley Nature Reserve.