Top: Guiseley stocks have a number of children and men round them.
The entrance on the right led to Cambridge Street.
The shop and adjoining cottages are now used by Denisons Funeral Directors 1-3 Towngate.
The taller building on the right edge is used by the florists business Mulberry Tree at Orchard House, Towngate.
Middle: A line of men and children stand in front of the old smithy, the man in the
doorway wearing a leather apron is possibly the blacksmith.
Joseph Dunwell is
the old man with the white beard and walking stick.
men are outside the old Smithy, this photograph was taken before the town cross
was restored in 1913, the gas lamp is mounted on the stump of the old cross.
Smithy and adjoining cottages were demolished for early road improvements.