1951: The choir and clergy in procession on St Oswald's Day, returning to St
Oswald's Church on the Green.
On the left edge is a barbers pole, this gents
hairdressers was once the business of Jim Anderson.
The row of old cottages were
Church property, Canon Howson had a line of lime trees planted in front of them
in attempt to improve the appearance of the Green, the cottages wee demolished
in 1955 and a car park is now on the site (February 2015).