Aireborough Historical Society

Springhead Mill 2014

Springhead Mill Demolition, Guiseley. 2014

Title
Springhead Mill Demolition
Date
1 - 5: August 2014
6, 8, 9: January 2014
7: 2014
10,11,12 & 13: 21st February 2014
Location Guiseley
Photo ID
G169 + H120 + H121 + H123 & H124     Photographer John Martin
E410 + F406 + T111 + T112     Photographer Joanne Coultas
R271 - R274     Photographer Edwy Harling
Comment
1 - 5: The last views of the mill before it was completely demolished as a site for housing.
 
6: Demolition of the mill is underway, the Red Lion Hotel is the white building beyond which is St Oswald's Church tower. This view will inevitably change when new homes are built.
 
7: View from the site of Springfeld Mill looking towards Wells Road.
 
 
8: Entrance door with carved lettering above SHM 1913.
 
9: Part of the mill seen before demolition began.
 
10,11,12 & 13: A new housing estate was built on the site of the old mill.
P144

June 2014: Advertising sign for new houses to be built on the former Springhead Mill site.

Photographer Edwy Harling




 

Post a Comment

:
 

: (optional)


: (optional)


:
 

 

Register

Register   

 


memoriescalendar