Top: 1910: As early as 1625 children of the Ives and Bailey families have entries in
the Guiseley Church Register with addresses at "Parke Yate" .
situated off Park Road and dates from around 1725-1735, belonging to the
Jeremiah Marshall had John Wesley stay as his guest on
In 1815 Benjamin Thompson bought the house and gardens from
the Risdale family, when Sir Matthew William Thompson married Benjamin's
daughter Mary Ann he became the owner and lived there from 1857.
He enlarged the
house and improved the gardens,this is the front view of the house and lake, it
is now divided into apartments (January 2013)
Upper Middle: Park Road, on the right is a lodge and entrance to Park Gate House, former
home of Sir Matthew William Thompson.
Lower Middle: An unknown group of women and children in the drive of Park Gate House,
behind them is the lodge house and Park Road.
date stone for 1868 with the initials PM.
Before Matthew William Thompson was in residence it belonged to the Marshall