Guiseley National School 1898
|Guiseley National School
A mixed class of boys and girls with a range of ages, a schoolmaster is on the left.
The school was also known as Orchard Street Wesleyan School.
It was built by the Wesleyan Methodists in 1825 and remained in use until 1930, when it closed pupils were transferred to the school on Oxford Road.
The building stood until the 1970s having been used as a Labour Exchange, after demolition the area became a car park since then new apartments have been built on the site.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.