Top: A working party of people who organised a village Fete seen in the grounds
of Guiseley Rectory.
Bottom: Some of these ladies were Sunday School teachers with their pupils, others
belonged to the Friendly Society Working Party who organised a village Fete.
money raised was used to help defray the cost of extensions to St Oswalds
In the background is Guiseley Rectory.
Christine Lovedale: Both of these photos were taken outside the old Rectory.
In image K18 the
ladies were Sunday School teachers at St Oswalds Church.
The woman 3rd in from
the left is Miss Mary Howson, the sister of James Francis Howson. When he became
Rector of Guiseley in 1907 she came with him to assist in Parish duties,
following his death in 1934 she returned to London where she died later in the
K18 shows the Sunday School teachers with members of the Friendly
Society Working Party who organised a village fete.
The money was used to help
defray the cost of extensions and renovations to St Oswalds Church. Miss Howson
appears in this photo 3rd row down and 7th in from the right.