|F094 + X176 & X177
Top: The house on the left is still standing and has been extended, this is a
short distance from the junction with Park Road.
The buildings in the background
on the left were part of Fred Twistleton's farm and were demolished around 1960
to provide more land for Guiseley School.
On the right the houses were home to
Belgian refugees during the 1914-1918 War.
A metal ring was attached to one of the houses at the front, it was used
for tethering donkeys, this part of Back Lane was known as "Cuddy Hill" cuddy
being an old word for donkey.
Houses and bungalows now line this section of the
Lane (October 2012).
Middle: Cottages on Back Lane, the view looks towards Claughton's boot factory, the
mill chimney is visible.
The house on the left is still there but the cottages
have been replaced by bungalows (March 2013).
Bottom: Cottages on Back Lane, this view is unchanged except for the vehicles and
external alterations to the houses (March 2013).
The street on the right is Pendragon
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.