Back Lane 2004
|FF061 + FF062 + FF063 & FF064
Top: New houses under construction on Back Lane, the wall on the right is the
end of a row of stone terrace houses facing onto Pendragon Terrace.
Upper Middle: The house on the left is a short distance past the junction with Park
Lower Middle: Houses under construction at the junction of Back Lane and Aldersyde Road.
The Aldersyde estate was built on the site of Back Lane Mill, in the 1930s it
was occupied by Cotopa who used a chemical process to colour cotton.
2nd World War they were manufacturing dummy hand grenades for use by the Home
Guard when an explosion occurred which killed 4 girls and severely injured
another, this was in September 1941.
Production continued on the site until a
fire on 31st December 1948 ravaged the building until nothing remained.
was then used by the Electricity Board.
Bottom: New houses being built on Back Lane
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.