Alva House 1883
Alva House was built by James Waddington who also built Cassfield Mill and
Alva Terrace to provide homes for some of his workforce.
Alva House was reputed
to be the first house in Guiseley to be built with a flat roof.
At the time of this photo it was the home of the Walsh family, they were
hosting a "Sewing Tea" for members of the new Baptist Chapel on Oxford Road
which had opened the same year, 1883.
Chapel guests are on the roof having a
good view of Guiseley.
The house later became part of the Cassfield Mill complex
and is now demolished.
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.