Albion Dyeworks Site 1999
|Albion Dyeworks Site
|Y08 + Y09 + Y10 & Y11
of the site where the Albion Dyeworks had stood, the business was owned by the
Busfield family for several generations dating back to 1868, there was some
rebuilding at the dyeworks in 1908.
The datestones from the factory have been
incorporated into the wall .
St Oswalds Church is seen on the right, a small
enclave of houses named Town Gate Close were erected on the site , also Town
Upper Middle: In
this view the dyeworks has been demolished, some redevelopment for Town Gate
Close and Town Gate House is underway. St Oswalds Church is in the
Lower Middle: Looking
across the site of the former dyeworks, St Oswalds Church is in the background,
to the right are properties on the Green.
new car park on the site of the former dyeworks to provide parking for residents
of the houses on Town Gate Close which were constructed on the site, also Town
Post a Comment
Please login to post a comment.