Aireborough Historical Society

1933 Yeadon Tarn (Dam)



Title
Yeadon Tarn (Dam)
Date 1933
Location Yeadon
Photo ID
B724 & B725
Comment

Two newspaper cuttings which show people skating on the tarn, refereed to here as Yeadon Moor Dam.

The name tarn was adopted by Yeadon Council in the 1920s but it is usually called "the dam" by local folk.

Donated by Philip Archdale

 

Post a Comment

:
 

: (optional)


: (optional)


:
 

 

Register

Register   

 


calendarmemories